Monday, March 31, 2008
In a Moment
Sticking to the theme of this blog, I wanted to talk about how my life was changed....in a moment yesterday. It is nothing tragic so don't worry...
One minute I was the YW Laurel's Advisor and in the next moment, I was sustained as the new Relief Society President. The rest of the day was filled with a lot of information....lists of every kind, visiting teaching routes, welfare matters, calendar scheduling, meal assignments and more. I am sure this is just the beginning. I felt the mantle immediatley but I also had an immediate feeling of love and appreciation for the sisters. I went to bed with a big headache (and come to think of it, it is still there) but I do know one thing. This calling came from the Lord. I know it from the bottom of my soul. I also know that this 29 year-old can't handle it alone, but with divine guidance and a good presidency, I am sure I will be fine.
I am humbled by the amount of support that has been given already through phone calls, e-mails, conversations and even treat plates! I am grateful for the opportunity to serve and know the blessings will come. Many memorable moments will surely follow this assignment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
We will miss you in Young Women's but I think you will to GREAT in your new calling! I must say I was shocked, just because you are so young, but you are really wise beyond your years! And you are great at fellowshipping, you are the first one I remember inviting me to something when I first moved in. If you ever need any help with your kids, let me know!
I agree with what Michelle said, you will be missed, you were so awesome with the girls and such a great teacher. You will do a great job and you have an awesome presidency with Women who have lots of experience. So excited for you, We had lots of young Relief Society Presidents in Oregon and I was always amazed at how they did it all. Let me know if you need anything. Sorry I wasn't there to raise my hand, because it would have been raised.
WOW Congratulations! One of my dear, dear friends in Utah was put in as RS pres right before we moved. She has really brought unity in our predominately older couples ward between the older sisters and younger new moms. I don't really know you that well(yet), but believe you will be GREAT!
The hard things make us stronger, right?? My heart and thoughts are with you. You are an amazing person and will be able to share SO much with your ward.
Good grief! I'm all weepy over your blog entry. (I think the hormones are taking over.) No, you will be great Dana. You are an amazing person with amazing capacity. Love ya, Pegs
oh my heck! I am calling you right now!
Post a Comment