Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Reporting In

Amy...these pictures are for you. When it comes down to it, I had a hard time only choosing five. I think most of these speak more to the emotion of who I am rather than how I would be represented in a resume. It was a journey just to get these photos. It was a fun opportunity. I look forward to the feedback and another assignment. None of these are edited except the last one and all are on Manual Mode.
__________________________________________________

I don't "love" the dirt but I love WORK and that is what the dirt represents to me.



I am a country girl. I grew up in the mountains on an 800 acre farm. I am so lucky to have that kind of upbringing as a foundation. My parents sacraficed a lot and I am eternally grateful. I live in the city but this barn was only a few miles from our home. I love that the barn is nearly falling down and the snow capped mountains in the background.


I am of the LDS faith and this shot is representation of that.



Perhaps the reason I like to take pictures is because I am more comfortable behind the camera than exposing myself. It reminds me of how I communicate with others sometimes. It is easier and more enjoyable for me to ask others a 100 questions than allow time for them to ask me about me. (I realize the color is really off in this one but that is partly why I chose it...I need HELP!)


I have had an interesting week... What this shot represents is that sometimes I feel like I stand alone. I know that I don't but when I am feeling like that, I tend to stretch my neck a little taller. I'm sure someone could do an entire psychoanalysis on that, but let's not go there. Let's just say there is a lot of symbolism in that statement. :)
This is the photo I chose to edit so below is the before and after. I changed the contrast, curves and added vignetting:
And now just a question...on the shot below and all of them for that matter, how do I focus on what I really want to focus on? I don't always want the focus of the picture to be in the middle and that seems to be creating a problem as well. I am using the guide in the camera but on a shot like below, it obviously focused on the pole rather than his face??

3 comments:

Amy N. said...

Wonderful! I am really liking the way you took this assignment. I will send an email soon!

Anonymous said...

These are great. My favorite is the barn.

Michelle said...

It's fun to learn more about what makes Dana tick!