


For all of you photographers out there...I do not understand the RAW format. That is what these were taken in. I have no clue what I am doing. Why does every step in photography have such a huge learning curve? Ya gotta know your camera....just when you figure that out...you gotta know how to upload your photos (which is a sinch if it is a .jpeg...this RAW thing is time consuming too), then ya gotta know how to edit...uggghhh! I have so much to learn!

7 comments:
You're doing great. I can't even imagine how much there is too learn. I love the top and the bottom ones they are my favorite. I know my friend KG uploads hers to the interet using photobucket I think. I'm sure she would be more than happy to answer any questions. I love the top one how you got the background blurry and the focus is just on her, and the bottom one is just so cute. You're doing great and when you do get the hang of things pass them on to the rest of us who are really wanna be's. I don't even know what a RAW image is :).
Dana, I know nothing about photography, but those photos are BEAUTIFUL!!! I mean, your subject is beautiful but I love the poses, etc. Maybe we will have to have you do our family pics this year.
Danners, I'm not sure what it is, but your photos aren't quite professional... yet. How's that for honest feedback? Of course, maybe the problem is just the word "lovely," which I simply do not like. But regardless, Lexi is a doll and I love the 1st and 3rd pics. I did some research awhile back re: raw format... maybe I should remember some of it. The best piece of photography advice I've ever heard is quite simple: practice, practice, practice. And you're doing great! What a fun, challenging and rewarding hobby. BTW, were these w/ your new slr?
You are doing good Dana! You are improving, seroiusly... I don't think I will ever STOP learning! I love the last two. The hardest part of photography to me, is finding the right lighting. I always look into my subject's eyes and that is how I determine light. Move around until you see the eyes sparkle. As for RAW, it is basically the largest format of a photo you can produce, and is only beneficial if you edit. When you edit the quality of your photo decreases, but when you shoot in RAW it is so large that when you edit... the quality will shine. So basically, RAW is AWESOME for editing. It's tricky to catch on, but once you do... you get the hang of it! Keep it up, I love seeing you get better and better! Oh- did your Nikon ever come back?
I am also no camera expert, seems a waste since we have a nice camera. I think they are beautiful! I love the 3rd one, just because it is such a baby thing to do! The 2nd one seems a little dark on one side. That's all I can say, I think they are adorable!
Thanks for the encouragement and comments. I will keep shooting. :)
And yes...these are my first real shots with my new camera and 50 mm lens.
dana
I think they are awesome. Great job. Glen's cousin just got a nice camera and took a class at a shop like Allen's or Inkley's type store. Just a thought. She said it helped her learn about camera settings, etc.
You are doing great.
Post a Comment