Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Photography Mentor

I am so lucky! I found someone that is willing to mentor me (for FREE) in my new photography hobby. She coincidentally lives south of Twin Falls so even better, I might get to meet her someday. She has already given me my first assignment: "take 5 images that would describe who you are". I am a little panicked! I guess this is not only going to be growth for my photography but for my self-image. This has made me really consider what those 5 things might be.

So I decided to make it a blogging issue. What do all of you think those 5 images would be about? The only thing I could think of was a picture of each kid and charlie and I would still be short one picture. :)

I would love to hear your input!

P.S. Don't forget to look down at the post previous to this...fun vinyl projects!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Okay I will share my imput :). I think you could put your kids, but I think you need to dig deeper. What are your dreams? What were they before you had kids? Being a mom is for sure the first and foremost in our lives, but who are YOU? You are more than a mom you are a person too. I don't know if that helps, but who knows maybe it will bring things that have been hidden to the surface.

Anonymous said...

Some ideas -
something...
1. family - you could do something really cool & fun with all of your hands or feet or something like that
2. twin - or maybe just a bunch of 2 of stuff
3. computer/vinyl/photo editing/blog - along those lines
4. outdoors/farm/country - think home - you could even do a maple leaf
5. think of a word that describes you and take a picture of something that represents that word - you know - for example, you're self-taught so you could take a picture of a pencil & paper w/ notes
6. something music

Okay, so that's not 5, but you could combine #5 with #2 and do a vinyl project w/ a word that describes you and then take a picture. I'm making myself giggle - but I think you get the idea.

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Dana said...

That's a great list and requires no thinking on my part. I am off to take pcitures.
dana

Katherine said...

What about a picture of the temple? I like the other ideas too! Good luck!