Monday, March 17, 2008

To Blog or Not To Blog

I have been trying not to blog. Part of me thinks it's a big waste of time and the other part thinks it is a positive outlet for self-evaluation and a strage connection to the world.
In a church meeting this weekend, we were challenged to consider turning off all technology (TV, computer, gaming systems, MP3 players, stereos...basically everything but a phone - excluding cell phones). I don't think I could do it which initiated an individual assessment of what I do spend my time doing every day. These three kids are so much of what I am here for...I need to probably spend more time treasuring them.
These are taken with my DSLR camera. I am still overwhelmed at everything I need to learn. I think there were a hundred pictures to choose from and these were the only ones in focus (and I am not sure they are). I am currently trying to learn "manual" in natural light, inside the house.












2 comments:

Kim said...

Cute pictures and good things to think about. I know I need to spend less time with technology, it is hard to seperate yourself from it sometime, but I need to try better. I hope you keep blogging it's fun to keep up with you. Just a little side note Madie was by me on the computer when I checked your blog and she said is that CJ when she saw the picture I thought it was cute that she recognizes him.

Ash and Becky said...

Well, I consider my blog to be my journal since I am much better at doing it than actually writing in a journal! There are websites that will turn your blog into a book also (one of my friend's has the link to a site on her page so I can find it for you if you want it). Anyway, I say everything in moderation....