Late this afternoon, I was preparing dinner, putting away groceries, baking cookies (for the Visiting Teaching interviews that the Relief Society presidency and I arranged for this evening), talking on the phone when... I went upstairs to get Jaxon up from his nap. He had been there way too long. I found him in a pile of puke. One of the rare times I let him nap on our bed!!
I think he had actually been there for a while and was embarrassed or scared to cry or call for me. He is always spilling things and we get after him. I am sure he recognized that he had made a mess and wasn't sure how to handle it. Poor little kid. When I say pile of puke, I mean it.
I ran off to my meetings and while I was gone, Jaxon puked again on the couch, the carpet, the kitchen table and the kitchen floor. Four different times/locations. I am sure all Charlie had been doing was cleaning up one mess before the next was created. He can't even hold down water. Poor kid, he looked so sad and miserable when I came home. It must be the same thing Lexi has.
Speaking of which, Lexi is feeling better.
Apparently she took her first steps while I was gone this evening. Charlie asked if she has ever stepped because she took FOUR in a row tonight. I am sad that I missed it. It made me realize what a single mom/dad must feel. While they are off working/fulfilling their responsibilities, their children grow up. I feel like I missed a monumental moment. I know, I know, she will do it again tomorrow and I will get to see that, but for now I am sad.
She was exactly 14 months yesterday. This is a little earlier than the boys were for walking (by about 1 month) and I wouldn't really call four steps walking but I am sure now that she has figured it out, it won't be long before she is running. I guess we better get her some shoes!
2 comments:
I am so sorry that your kids have been sick with the throwing up bug. That is the worst. My kids haven't thrown up that much in their lives yet...knock on wood. I have cleaned up way more poop (not in diapers) than throw-up!
Bummer about the sickness. So exhausting and sad! Sam is doing good in the walking department also, he is up to about 6 steps. Go LEXI!
Post a Comment