

My favorite part might be the shoe slots. I love having a spot for all of our shoes...before we were always kicking them around. :)
***********************************
On another note. As long as I can remember, I thought I was going to grow up and be a photographer. When I was little, I used to take pictures of the little wrens in the trees at my parents place....with my $10 camera - which was a lot of money.
I have taken a lot of pictures of our kids and friends through the years, but it has always been with my point-n-shoot camera. In college I took a few photography courses and borrowed an SLR camera. I have had my uncle's SLR for several years but because the film is expensive to buy/develop, I didn't use it as much as I wanted.
Anyway, I don't know that I am going to grow up and "be a photographer" but I finally bought my first digital SLR. I saved for quite a while because it was a ton of money - especially for a hobby. But I am so excited. I have a lot to learn about it but these are some of the shots straight out of the box.
Here's Jaxon. I told him to "TAKE a nap or go have quiet time".

Sometimes I make them give kisses to each other. That might stop here soon, but for now I think it's cute.

******************************
One more thing....I wanted to say that I teach the Laurels (16-18 year olds) at church (http://www.lds.org/). Sunday was one of the most incredible experiences. They are at a very interesting age. Most of them think they want to be grown up but don't want take on the responsibilities of a grown-up. Nearly all of them have cell phones at a finger reach away. I am not sure I reach them as much as I would like but Sunday was different. One of the girls was brutally honest about her life and that opened up the rest of them. I was amazed at how present the Spirit was and for the first time I thought, "these girls get it!"






3 comments:
So cool, it looks great. I am amazed at what a little carpenter you have at your disposal. Thanks for sharing. I wish I had a mudd room.
What an amazing laudry room!! Charlie could start a side business, if he wanted to.
So, what differences have you noticed so far w/ the digital SLR and your point and shoot digital? I can't wait to see more pictures!
It is so cool. i would love to see it in person.
You guys and your projects - Charlie is so handy. I bet you love it. Good Work.
Let me know when you are coming to Preston next. I would love to see you and Ally really wants to see CJ. She said we saw Annie at her grandparents, can we see CJ at his grandparents. I said - maybe so!
Post a Comment