Monday, May 26, 2008

Moments from Memorial Weekend

My camera says I took 545 pictures this weekend (not exaggerating) and that is only about half of what I wanted to take. I got a little self-conscious that I was holding the camera more than I was holding the kids. :) There are lots of bad shots and as you can see from my posts below there were a few good ones. These are a few more from the weekend that I wanted to share. Like I told you (Amy), my parents basically live (and I was raised) in the garden of Eden. Keep in mind all of these lost color when they were uploaded. These are in no particular order. They are all in manual mode and most of them are SOOC.

Click on each photo to enlarge.

Lexi watching the cows.










Fishing was a big part of the weekend. If you have read this blog, you know that the boys have been digging for worms for months in hopes of a fishing activity with one of their grandpas. :)




This is the fish that Charlie caught on Saturday.












Jaxon loves his dad!







These are the other fish that were caught. Grandpa caught the bigger one and CJ caught the smaller one.




An old stump.





These catapillars were everywhere. The boys caught a bunch of them and put them in a jar. We were supposed to bring them home so we could continue feeding them and watch them turn into butterflies/moths....I am not sure what happened to that jar....










Because of the mountains, most nights end in a beautiful sunset.


This is the creek in the back yard. I can't believe you can actually see some of the water drops as it falls over these rocks.




This is "Station Creek", where I was raised. My mom and I went on a ride on my Uncle Nate's new Rhino. It was fun and of course I took lots of pictures. Going up the mountain was great but we made a few more memories going down. When stepping on the brakes, it made this awful noise and we didn't want to ruin Nate's brand new machine so we didn't use them much. Lots of sreaming and "oh dear's" were involved.


This is some of the memory making I was describing - going FAST down the hill. I am reading a photography book and it gives assignments. This was one of the assignments. It says to put your camera on a moving object and take a picture. It is supposed to imply motion. If you look at it too long, you might actually get dizzy (I did).




This is on top of the same mountain, but a different angle.




This is "Nate's Toilet"....it's a long story. We are only 1/2 way up the mountain at this point.


You can't have a toilet without a sink can you??



I love this one!! The buildings you can see in the valley are Preston. The mountains on the horizon (and right side) is West Side.


Yet another angle. I was trying to do a silhouette of the fence line. I am not so sure it worked.


A weekend in Station Creek wouldn't be complete without a little fire:


I can't get Lexi to ever look at the camera.



Mmmmm...Jaxon loves it!






I think this is the best expression I have ever captured of Jaxon.


My mom and dad...arnen't they cute?


Small part of their backyard.


The horse...(not theirs - it is Uncle Stan's that is grazing in the pasture).



Guitar by the campfire.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I feel like I definitely missed out. Mom and Dad are so cute and our "home" is amazingly beautiful! (And who says a camera doesn't make a difference!) I absolutely love the picture of Charlie and Jaxon - you need to get that one framed and on your wall somewhere.

Kristy said...

Hi Danners! It's Kristy Lou :) I'm sorry it's taken me so long to check out your blog! Between reading yours and Lyd's, it's almost like reading an Olson Family Letter again :)

I'll be in touch soon - we need to catch up !

Kim said...

Wow is all I can say what an amazing place to grow up. I love the picture of the iron gate and the barns. That one of Jaxon smiling is precious and so is the holding hands upclose picture. So fun thanks for sharing looks like you had a totally great time.

Katherine said...

What cool pictures! You getting so good. I am proud of you. Please invite me to your blog. gkmurdoch@gmail.com
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Dana, I love the pictures. What a refuge to go to every once in a while. -kami