We bought 5 pallets of concrete block...yep count them, FIVE! Last fall we wanted to put a small border in our back yard. We went to Home Depot and purchased about $100 worth of block. That was roughly 50 blocks. This year we wanted to do more. We talked to a guy who used to go to church with us and has a concret block company. He sold us "seconds", but I am not sure what is wrong with them. We had to pay the delivery fee but we split that with other friends and family that also ordered. For $175 we got FIVE pallets which is about 840 blocks. That makes it about $.20 each. I know, amazing (and even more amazing that I can do the math, good thing I have a calculator). Charlie moved every single one of them last night with this wheel barrel to various parts of the yard (mostly in the back). We always get mean letters from the neighborhood association if stuff like this sits on the driveway.
I will take a better picture tomorrow and show you what we have done with them so far. Here is the beginning of the project. All the kids think they are helping.
Can I share something confidentially? Oh wait this is the WWW. We attended the youth fundraiser tonight at the church. I felt like people were talking to me tonight because I am the RS president, not because I am Dana and they enjoy my company. Of course I also felt like I was talking to people tonight because I am the RS president and have the responsibility of friendshipping and reaching out. I shouldn't care and I really am fine with it, but I can say that it is an adjustment - a mental shifting I suppose - for me and ward members.
(Those of you ward members that read this blog, don't think that this is some pity party and cry for help. I was just analyzing the situation and recognizing that I have a different role than I used to. Don't run over and give me a plate of cookies or try extra hard to be a good friend...on second thought, a plate of cookies might be nice. j/k)
(Those of you ward members that read this blog, don't think that this is some pity party and cry for help. I was just analyzing the situation and recognizing that I have a different role than I used to. Don't run over and give me a plate of cookies or try extra hard to be a good friend...on second thought, a plate of cookies might be nice. j/k)
The neighbors are raising three little chicks. I say it is all fun and games now when they are cute and little but just wait a few weeks when they get big, ugly and start to really stink!
Here are the three little guys/girls:
Notice in this collage Jaxon reaching out to hit, I mean pet one.


2 comments:
You sound happy. The blocks look like a ton of work! Can't wait to see what you're doing.
If it makes you feel any better, I talked to you at the ward dinner IN SPITE of the fact that you are the Relief Society President. Just so you know. :)
Post a Comment