Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sunday's conversation with CJ

I have lots I want to post today (memories I don't want to forget).

We had stake conference on Sunday so Charlie had responsibilities to make sure the building to building broadcast was working. My aunt & uncle that live in town came home from an LDS mission to Switzerland so I took the kids to that meeting. I thought I did pretty well with the 3 of them and felt the need to go to my own Stake meetings so we did. When we got in the building, all three kids all of a sudden realized what was happening and they were not happy. We walked in 30 minutes late. Sat down for 2 minutes. I had to take Lexi out...Jaxon followed as fast as he could. CJ stayed in his seat. When I went back in, Lexi puked. I decided to call it a day. When we got home, I was not feeling well, so I laid down in bed. This is the conversation that followed:

CJ: "Mom, what is wrong?"
Me: "I don't feel well. Can I just lay here for a while and you can take care of the little kids?"
CJ: "Do you need some medicine?"
Me: "No, I just need to rest for a while." It was quite and he left the room. He came back a few minutes later with children's Tylenol and a cup to drink it with.
"Honey, I appreciate what you're doing, but I don't need that right now."
CJ: "Well...it will make you feel better. Maybe could I get you a glass of water?"
Me: "No, not right now..." More silence.
CJ: "It is lunchtime. Do you think I should fix the kids some lunch? Maybe some peanut butter and bread?"
Me: "No, your dad will be home soon and he can help make lunch."
CJ: "Well the kids are going to be hungry. Maybe I could do a ham & cheese sandwich."
Me: "Just wait a minute and I will get up and help." It was a quiet for a long time and he left the room. He came back several minutes later and announced,
CJ: "It's okay mom. I got the kids some yogurt and now I am going to get me some."

Thank goodness Charlie came home soon and apparently what he found was all three of them with a thing of yogurt each. The lids on the floor and they were chowing TUMS as quickly as they could. Good thing the tums are relatively harmless.

1 comment:

Amy N. said...

LOL how sweet is that! What a great kid. My kids would probably try to force feed me the tylenol since that is what I usually have to do to them. Hope you are all feeling better-I am guessing you are since you were back at the canning