I couldn't think of anything that I have been doing worth blogging about. Then I remembered a few.
We went to our Ward Trunk-or-Treat. I thought the purpose of a trunk-or-treat was to give people an alternative to trick or treating (if Halloween falls on a Sunday or if you you don't feel safe in your neighborhood). Now it is something that is expected every year. So kids get candy at class parties, ward parties and of course the night of Halloween. Seems like a little much to me but how can I say no to a party?
CJ was Darth Vador (I think for the 3rd year in a row). Jaxon was part of the pit crew for Lightning McQueen. Charlie was a scary guy with black make-up. It all started with the hand, then the black shirt, then the black wig and hat and I am not sure how the make-up worked its way in. :)

Meet our little butterfly witch. We think she is adorable.




And of course we had to make sugar cookies...



The patio cover is now water proof. Now we can relax a little. He plans to finish the columns and belly side soon but it will be a few weeks probably.
P.S. I know I said I was DONE canning...but if you look closely in this picture, you can see that I was lying. A neighbor gave us a ton of apples. I can't let free, good apples go to waste so yesterday I canned 21 quarts of applesauce and that was about 1/3 of the apples. I think I am going to dry some and perhaps juice some. They will keep for a long time so I am going to take a break. :)

1 comment:
I think you need to put Charlie in make up more often. He has a huge smile on his face!! :)
Post a Comment