Tuesday, October 14, 2008

5 stiches later

Jaxon and CJ went to the neighbors to play yesterday. The kids were apparently getting along but shuffling around on two chairs (3 kids). Leave it to Jaxon to fall off. I don't know if he bit himself or if the cuts came from the impact of the chair. The poor kid seems to be an accident waiting to happen. I hesitate to say that because I don't want to have any self-prophecy, but it is kind of true. It is almost like his body got to big too fast. He is generally pretty clumsy.

I took him in (even though when this happened in January, I swore, I would never do it again. I was going to make Charlie do it). Again because of his age, they suggest he go to the ER, but we don't want to pay for it. So I took him to the same immediate care clinic that did it last time. The Dr. was most concerned about the cut on the inside of his mouth. For a minute he thought he had bit all the way through. I have not been able to get Jaxon to hold still but apparently the gash on the inside of his mouth is about 2" long and quite deep. He hesitated in trying to decide if he should stitch it. He decided instead to give him a 10 day antibiotic to fight of infection and let it scar over. On the outside of his mouth he got 5 stitches. Poor kid! I had to hold him down as he screamed. "Mommy it hurts! I want to go home. Let's go get ice cream!"



The nurse helping us kept asking Jaxon questions, trying to get him to calm down. She was getting pretty frustrated when he wouldn't answer and continued crying, kind of like a baby. Finally I said to her, "He is not going to answer you. He is only 2. He turns 3 tomorrow."

"Oh!!" She said, I thought he was 5 or 6. He is a big kid.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I heard you had a little bit of stitched at your house. Hope Jaxon is doing well, especially considering it is his birthday and all. Fun to see all the pictures of Jaxon.

Anonymous said...

Man, I miss a few days reading and miss out on all sorts of good stuff! Happy late birthday to Jaxon. We thought of you guys but you'd never know it. The patio & grapes look amazing.