Monday, July 21, 2008

OCD

Sometimes I think I am a little obsessive. I have wanted for years to be a "photographer". Not necessarily to make money at it but to take pictures that are that quality and $ worthy. I have taken classes here and there and when I got my SLR camera a few months ago, I thought I was going to see this drastic improvement. I guess I have seen the difference but I am frustrated with my progress and ready to give it up. I think I am taking all the right steps to get better, it is just not happening as quickly as I would like it to.

It is a perfect day for pictures. It must be 70 degrees outside and overcast. I got the kids ready and thought I could go take some of those amazing shots I have only dreamt of..... We scouted the location - a cute Mexican restaurant with lots of bright walls, got out of the car and literally in 2 minutes got back in the car and headed for home. Lexi was running down the street (after an airplane which was miles in the sky) and CJ ran after her to bring her back. In his valiant effort to carry her, they fell together. She got a scraped nose, puffy lip and was bleeding enough to get it all over my shirt. This picture doesn't look as bad as it did in person, but you get the idea.



After a few candy suckers and a few miles of driving, I was calmed down enough (and so was Lexi) to try again. This time an abandoned house and barnyard. Still didn't get the shots I was looking for.....















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're done taking pictures, I speak for your camera!!

Amy N. said...

But after all that your exposures are perfect!

Chanell said...

Seriously Dana... you are great at this. Don't even think about giving it up. I can't wait to have you take some pictures for me- I just need a few more weeks for Annie's hair to look better. :)

Jenni said...

Been there, done that! It's so discouraging! But don't give up, just take a break from your camera for a day or two! And NOW you know why I hire someone ELSE to take my kids photos! Sometimes its nice to let someone else do your dirty work. I'll stick with everyone else's kids!