CJ said to me yesterday, "Mom, if you practice and practice and practice you can ride your bike without training wheels." I agreed with him as I have for the last 3 months. A few minutes later he said, "Mom, can I go ride my bike without training wheels?"
I couldn't believe my ears! We ran outside, took off the training wheels (as I have done several times before in an attempt to force him to do it), put him on his bike and he was off. Literally it was that easy. He still needs help starting, but he can stop. It was an amazing moment and I am so proud of him! Here is a video of it from today.
Couple more things from this week. Charlie took the boys to the Stampede Rodeo this week (I was at my photography class and we got a sitter for Lexi). Before Charlie came home from work, I told them that their dad was going to take them somewhere special. So if you ask Jaxon dad took him, he will say "Somewhere!" He will then tell you about the horses, cows and one truck. If you ask CJ where they went, he will say "Ummm...Horsetheif!" He is confusing words because a few weeks ago we when to Horsetheif Reservoir. He will then also tell you about the kids on sheep, the horses and cotton candy!
One other thing. As we read scriptures at breakfast, and we read across "behold" the kids shout, "behold". I am not sure how this developed or evolved, but it is always the one way I know if they are listening. This morning Lexi was shouting right along with CJ and Jaxon. It was pretty cute. Of course if you didn't know the situation it would sound like "water" "bottle" "binki" "airplane" or any one of her other select words she knows.
1 comment:
Way to go, CJ!!!
Post a Comment