Tuesday, September 16, 2008

This is where it all began...

I have been talking to Jaxon about potty training for about a year. Never made a big deal of it, I just ask him if he wants to go in the potty. I officially tried earlier this year to train him, but failed miserably. That was the same day I was also convinced that CJ was going to ride his bike without training wheels. Bad decision, bad day - I've learned from my mistakes. :)


Anyway... CJ colored this picture of Batman yesterday after school.



Jaxon saw it and said, "mom what are those?"



I looked and said, "Ummm....I don't know." Not wanting to explain.


He responded, "Are they underpants? Can I wear some?"


Now before I go on, let me explain that I was not ready for this (as is usually the case). About a week ago I picked 150 lbs. of pears. What was I thinking?!!?? They have been ripening slowly and since Thursday I have bottled 56 quarts. In my opinion, pears are the hardest thing to bottle. No shortcuts and messy not to mention time consuming. Peel (with a peeler), core, put in jars...uggh. Especially since these pears were quite small.


I was expecting someone to show up at the door any minute. I was trying to finish another batch of pears....so, I said, "Yes, you can wear some!" I got distracted and a few minutes later, CJ is calling for me from the bathroom, he needs me to help him wipe (I know, he is 5, he needs to learn how to do it himself!). When I get there, both boys have their pants down and CJ says, "It's okay mom, Jaxon wanted to pee in the toilet so I helped him take off his diaper." And then the doorbell rang.


I coudl go on, but I think I have shared the general idea. Yesterday afternoon in about 3 hours, he had 2 wet accidents and one of the other kind but he also went in the toilet THREE times! I think that is amazing. To celebrate, we took him out for a Batman party. We went to Zurchers Party store and got a $3.00 Batman airplane. He was pretty pleased with that. Today he has had NO accidents (we even went shopping this morning & to and Enrichment activity). He has gone on the toilet 3 times (both kinds). Wow! Maybe this isn't has hard as I thought it would be.

I think this is my miracle for the week and wanted to share. Sorry if it is a little too much information.

:)

6 comments:

Amy N. said...

Good for him! My oldest was the same way we tried and failed, but once she decided SHE wanted to do it that was all it took! My second one on the other hand would probably still be in a diaper if we didn't force him to the potty.

Amy N. said...

Oh I was also going to say thanks for scaring me from the bag of pears that were just dropped off at my house about 30 min. ago I was going to see what I could do with them but decided to come surf the blogs instead-now what! You want a few more?

Andrea said...

Good for you, way to go Jaxon and that is some seriously good coloring by CJ. Thanks for always being so supportive.

Kristy said...

That's almost how it happened with Jack, too.

Well, what triggered it for us was that, at daycare, he was told that he could join the preschool class as soon as he learned how to go on the potty. SNAP! He was done - and I was so thankful! :)

Peggy said...

I love it! What a great story...It's the little things that make up the miracles, that's for sure.

Kim said...

Congrats on the potty training, doesn't it feel good to only have one in diapers. Where did you get all the pears? I need to can well that would mean I need a garden and this year I settled for a lawn I guess there always next year.