Monday, September 8, 2008

Harvest

There is something about the summer/fall that is just magical to me. I love the harvest. It is so fulfilling! I feel productive, obedient and complete. I am not sure how else to describe it.

These are the peaches I bottled last week. So far I have done about 36 pints of green beans, 42 quarts of peaches 30 something pints of salsa, many bags of corn, I dug our red potatoes, picked pears (they are ripening for canning later this week). While I was at my parents we canned chicken and chicken noodle soup (both amazing and easy to cook with). Our grapes are close to being ripe (we juice them). As I mow the yard, I can smell their sweetness. Anyway, you get the idea. I love the feeling of stocked shelves and freezers. Oh and BTW, I also filled our water containers this week. We officially have the recommended amount of water stored.


3 comments:

Peggy said...

I'm impressed with your provident living. Way to go!

Katherine said...

I am totally hating it, becuase I feel totally inadequate and very NOT domestic. So Thanks Alot... JK. But, i did go to Smith's Case Lot Sale this week and buy some stuff. :)
I also love Fall. We have had perfect weather here!

Amy N. said...

WOW you amaze me! I have done corn, zuchinni and stirfry, I need to do beets, salsa, peaches, prunes, and more corn and zuchinni sitting on my kitchen floor as I type this. I better get busy!