Thursday, September 18, 2008

Things I have learned...

I remember being called as Relief Society President thinking, "How in the world am I going to do this?" I still wonder that some days but I realized today that on Sept. 30th I will have been called for 6 months. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone and how much I have learned. There have been so many days of trial, heart ache and disappointment but there have been more days of blessings, testimony growth, awareness, gratitude and strength.

Some of the things I have learned in the last 6 months:

  • Things are rarely as they seem.
  • It is easy to judge (and we all do) from the outside when generally we know little of the situation.
  • We (our ward) is so blessed. We have very few temporal hardships. Just as has been prophesied, in these latter-days our trial is one of prosperity.
  • Issuing a calling and having her sustained is often so much more complicated than you would think. Keeping her in that calling is almost more of a challenge. :)
  • Wearing the mantle has been a heavier load than I expected.
  • Generally we are all doing the best that we know how.

Most importantly:

  • Our Savior lives and loves each one of us.
  • I don't know how it is possible but I know that He knows each of us by name, he knows our hardships and cares individually for us.
  • Prayers are answered.
  • We can repent and do better.
  • In the scriptures are the answers to our problems.
  • We have a prophet who leads us and receives inspiration for the direction of the church.
  • I am blessed to be a member of the church and have the gospel in my life.

I am grateful for all that I have an hope I can serve diligently and in accordance to His will.

4 comments:

Chanell said...

You are a fantastic President- I'd vote for your re-election for sure.

Laural said...

Wow! I didn't know you were RS pres! I feel like a spiritual infant compared to you and Peg and my sisters, and most everybody really! Thank you for sharing your testimony with me!

Peggy said...

I really enjoyed this post by the way. I can't believe it has been six months.

Anonymous said...

Good job, my dear sister.