Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Tree 2008

Let's face it...in the Peterson home there is a Christmas Tree dilema every year. Here are our options:
1) Do we go buy that perfect tree at a lot? If so we can only bring ourselves to buy the douglas fir (the $80-$90 tree). Living in Oregon ruined our opinions of trees. There they were beautiful, smelled great AND cheap!

2) Do we go get a fake tree that doesn't smell like anything but plastic? Since I grew up on a farm there is something morally wrong with that option although that is what my parents do now.

3) Or, do we spend a day going to the mountain and cut our own tree for $10 when it looks like a Charlie Brown edition?

Option #3 won this year. We decided it should be more about the memories not about the perfect tree. For it's height (about 12 feet) it is actually quite skinny. Just lacking a lot of branches since it is from "the wild".

On our way out:
pre-tree cut

love 'em

We ended up going with friends. They have a baby so they decided to send "dad" out to look for the tree while "mom" and "kids" ate lunch. We followed suit...except Charlie did take Jaxon. I think next year we'll go with. We misssed the "TIMBER!"

P1040569

Conquered

Eating lunch
lunch

Someone didn't eat much
Princess

At the top of the mountain on the way home there was a little snow so we stopped to play for a minute:
Fun after the fun

P1040581

While decorating, Lexi thought she was so big!
Climbing the ladder

_D2O0107a

2 comments:

Amy N. said...

Okay I am not sure what it is, but that shot of your husband and son walking away to hunt for the family tree brought tears to my eyes-no I am not pregnant-I think it is wonderful that you guys hunt for your tree and it looks perfect!

Peggy said...

I'm glad you chose option 3. :) Oh the memories!