
Although she still loves her binki and milk in a bottle, our baby is well, no longer a baby. I know I should clue into that since she is 16 months old tomorrow (8 more Sundays before nursery, but who's counting).

Just wanted to post that she officially started walking yesterday. :) She still crawls a lot but she will get up and walk across the room to us. It is amazing! Today while I was on the phone with my mom, I could hear her little feet on the kitchen floor while she called out "mama, mama". She could hear my voice and was obviously looking for me. When I called out to her, I excited her and broke her concentration. She toppled to the floor -- after all this walking thing is still quite complicated. She quickly got up and came to me as fast as she could. Then crawled up in my lap and urged me to rock while she sang what I swear was "rock-a-baby...rock-a-baby". These are the moments I hope I never forget as a mom.
A few minutes later she was out of my lap and climbed up on the couch then up on the back of the couch so she could reach the light switch...on and off, on and off with an occasionally squeal of "wow" or "ohhh" and a bit of jabbering.
Jaxon is puking again. I have a hard time believing that all of these times he has been puking it is "just the flu". Couldn't it be something more? He is miserable. He puked 3 times today and ate basically nothing. The ibuprofen broke his fever once today. I just checked it and it was 102.3 which isn't awful but if he has been running that all day it's not great either. It is so hard to seem him this way. He is supposed to start swimming lessons tomorrow but I don't know how that will happen in his current condition. This morning he didn't want to go to church but when we got home and he was feeling slightly better, I told him about Rob (his nursery leader). At that point he went to ask his dad if he could go to church. Sorry bud, it is over!

By the way, I went to church by myself with CJ and Lexi. I didn't want Lexi to stay home and get sick so my option was to take her. Sacrament meeting was fine, Sunday School was manageable but I will admit it was a bit more complicated sitting in front of all the RS doing my calling and holding her. I am glad I don't have to do it that way every week!
We all went fishing yesterday at Eagle Island State Park (that is where all of the pictures were taken). We should have left at 7:30 instead of 10:30 and it probably would've been a little more tolerable (it was well past a 100 degrees). That being said, CJ caught to nice sized trout and got several bites. Charlie was too busy casting and putting on worms to catch anything more than one trash fish. Jaxon was mostly interested in sitting in he chair and feeding Lexi.
Maybe Jaxon has heat exhaustion from yesterday...is that possible?
I think these two thought we went on an eating trip not a fishing trip.
I think these two thought we went on an eating trip not a fishing trip.












1 comment:
Looks like you guys had a ball!
Post a Comment