Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Continued from previous post...

This is a second post on our trip. There is no order to these pictures, just a bunch of random shots....




Here we were in Washington. In the background is the bridge that crosses to Astoria.




Jaxon was planting a stick so it could grow.




Kite flying.


I love how CJ is leaning into it here. The kite was about to crash.






CJ actually got really good at helping Charlie fly the kite. When it crashed, he would run to it, untwist it and throw it back up in the air.












After looking at all of the sand castles, the boys decided they could build one of their own.




Lexi was in the backpack most of the time. She is usually not able to fall asleep anywhere except her crib. These are a few exceptions...she was soooo tired. She didn't take a single "nap" while we were gone. She normally takes two 2-hour naps a day.





Swingin' at the beach in Seaside.





















We looked and looked for whole/live sand dollars. We didn't have much luck.





No surprise, Jaxon was a little buddy to his dad all weekend.









I have to admit when I looked at these on my computer, it was a little emotional. Sometimes I think I still have a baby. Looking at these two play, CJ is 4 and Lexi is almost 16 months. When Jaxon was her age, I was delivering baby #3. It is scary how fast the last 16 months have gone.

8 comments:

Kim said...

You are too hard on yourself, I think there are some really great shots. I love the ones where you are walking on the beach especially the second one (I assume your mom took it), but such a great picture. I'm glad you had a good time.

Chanell said...

Dana- those pictures are so beautiful! I wish I had your gift. Glad you are home!

Peggy said...

It looks like you had a fabulous time. What a fun adventure! :)

Katherine said...

What a great trip and especially great pictures to have of your family. Priceless. You are doing great on your pictures.

Kristy said...

I read these entries in reverse order, so I didn't know until I read down further that your mom went with you. So when I saw that lovely photos of you and your fam on the beach I thought to myself "my, she's mighty trusting of her camera's timer!"

Hope all is well with you!

Amy N. said...

Oh these make me want a vacation on the beach (but perhaps I will wait for it to one day warm up) How fun. I need to email you-tomorrow as I need to go to bed now :)

Anonymous said...

My favorite picture is the one of the boys pushing the stroller. It looks like you guys had fun... or at least made some good memories.

camfox said...

Dana, you're amazing! Such awesome photos, many of which are worthy of framing! Your family is darling. Looks like you had an awesome trip. I'm really enjoying your blog. -Camille