Friday, March 23, 2012

spring is almost here

I feel blessed!  There is so  much to be grateful for.  I have a good husband, cute kids that try hard to please me, a comfortable home, land to enjoy, the gospel, work to do and we are all healthy. 



We all dressed in green on Saturday.  What a silly tradition.  Jaxon came home from school with his lepricon trap.  He said he trapped him, but he disappeared.  He left a prize in his trap though.  They were all convinced after that they they should leave another trap.  One trap they made out of a butter box.  The left him a note:






Since cleaning up around the shop, we have been catching all kinds of mice.  Lilli one day was petting the dead ones in teh trap when I found her.  The kids insisted that I take a picture.  They said their grandma's would think it was gross.  :)  I do to, but I tried not to react.



I have had a couple of photo sessions this week.  Always fun to spend some time with hobbies.  As a consequence the kids get all kinds of photos taken.


I had a girls camp meeting this week.  The young women in our ward seem to be very spiritual and mature.  Very impressed by them.  Girls camp is July 10-12.

We cut hair this week.  It was LONG overdue!!



I went to the Fruitland Nursery and bought a lot of fruit trees for our mini orchard.  These are our new "babies".  We plan to plant tomorrow and I am hoping to get one of our flower gardens cleaned out and planted too.


The kids loved the nursey.


I want to plant 2-3 of these in our front burm.  I think they have a lot of character.  This tree reminds me of my mom.  One time when she visited us in Oregon, she fell in love with an evergreen that is similar.  This one grows pretty tall (as you can see) and has blue needles that don't shed or drop to the ground. 




1 comment:

Peggy said...

Glad to see you are blogging again....kind of grossed out by the mice. :)