
Earlier this week, we paid some neighbors to come prepare about 6 acres of our ground for planting.

So this means we had a busy day yesterday. Charlie went to Emmett to borrow his dad's tractor and equipment. We planted oats! We hope it rains tomorrow like it is supposed to. We also tried to prepare a space where our garden will go. There is so much land, it was hard to decide. We are hoping to get some fertilizer from the neighbors so it has a chance at growing among all of the rocks.
He loves working on the tractor.

I have also been cleaning up wood and weeds and junk all over the property. I am amazed at how much "stuff" has just been left to rot. I have made a ton of progress in this spot (even though you can't tell) but I still have a bit to go.

I have cleaned out 5 dog kennels/house and believe me, it was gross. We are making progress in cleaning it all up and it feels good!
All of this led up to a big bon fire last night and I mean big!! The neighbors all noticed. The best photo is on my phone. If I could figure out how to get it off, I would. The kids had a great time. At the end, Jaxon loaded up his shopping cart with smores ingredients and we had a little roast. The kids have been great sports so far with all of the work.
The kids made torches. This is After the fire had died down, it was still REALLY hot.


The girls tried to help, but they usually were found playing somewhere else.




After a while, we discovered that sunglasses helped us tremendously to protect our eyes from the heat.

No comments:
Post a Comment