Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Grateful for...

I think Satan tries hard to make us forget how great life is.  Oh how grateful I am for so many things in my life.  I am blessed. 

Grateful for...good doctors and providers for CJ.  We have started seeing a phychologist.  The first meeting was 90 minutes and went great.  She decided we need to work on how to control anger, how to help the school help CJ and how to make inserting his pump device more comfortable.  We look forward to more appointments.

Grateful for....medicine.  CJ was sick with the flu this week and i thought for sure we would end up in the ICU.  But CJ was able to swallow his Promethazine and quit throwing up.  What a blessing.

Grateful for....the opportunity to create.  President Utchdorft gave a take once about the woman's desire and need to create.  I get to create a lot.  I get to photograph people and things and it is such a wonderful outlet for me.




I also got to create and bring these kids into this world and I am blesed to be their mom.  Mother's Day was nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary.  In fact it was a very normal day.  I made meals, cleaned up, got the kids ready for church.....I am so grateful that I get to experience motherhood.

"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before.  Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty.  Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment...."  President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, November 2008

Grateful for....Charlie.  He is a good dad and does well to provide for us.  He works hard and his heart is good.  The kids adore him and soak up any attention he gives them.

He didn't even seem to mind when I brought home this bunny yesterday.  Grateful for that because their is no return policy for this one.  :)



This poor bunny is scared to death of all the attention.  We found a wasp nest in her house tonight.  I think she was relieved to have it gone.



Grateful for....the kids.  I know one of my mom's deepest desires is for her children is to get along.  It is not that I don't or didn't understand that before but the older I get and the further down the line of this parenting thing I get, the more I appreciate that desire.  Lexi tried to teach Lilli how to ride her bike this week.  It was so sweet.


Grateful for...talents I don't even count as talents.  My mom taught me so much.  Making jam is a perfect example.  I got in the freezer today and almost paniced when we had no strawberry jam.  Fortunately I have been hoarding some Oregon strawberries and had all of the ingredients in my food storage.  In a few hours I had whipped out 4 batches.  To some of my friends that would be an all day activity with lots of pre-planning.  Because I was taught by such a good mom, it is just part of the days activities.  Thanks mom!  Wish you could be here to share some of this jam with me.  I will try to keep some around for when you come home.

 

Grateful for....so many other things.  This country we live in, the beauty of the earth, the material blessings we enjoy - including our house and property, our health, friends, family....the list goes on. 

Last and certainly not least...

Grateful for...the gospel.  I can't imagine my life without it.

No comments: