Friday, June 15, 2012

lots of stuff...

The kids finished school the first week of June and Jaxon got to graduate from Kindergarten.
this is his teacher, Mrs. Atkins.  She was great.  Jaxon was the tallest (by a long way) of his class.


This is a video of him receiving his certificate.  Mrs. Atkins says he wants to be a fire fighter when he grows up.  I am not sure how true this is since most of the boys had the same aspirations.

http://youtu.be/_0LO9PgPXVQ
We had a family lunch at school with CJ the last day or so.

I shot a wedding and while it was a little stressful to know what kind of a job I could do, I felt like under the circumstances, I did pretty well.  I just handed off the disk tonight to the bride, what a good feeling.  Here is a details shot.


We have tried to do reading and school time but it is hit or miss (mostly miss).


I rand the Sawtooth Relay - 6 team members and 60 something miles.  It was really tough.  Harder than I thought.  It is amazing to watch people do such crazy things.  We left Meridian at 11pm Friday night and drove to Stanely.  Our heat started at 2:45 am.  I was the second leg and so I was running at approx.  3:30am.  I went almost 6 miles in 1 hour and 8 minutes.  It was completely in the dark and slightly uphill.  There was a rain/mist blowing in my face the whole time.  I wore a reflective vest and headlamp.  Fun!  My second leg was 5 miles and I started around 9:30 am.  I wasn't feeling well at this point.  Because I got carsick on the way over, I didn't dare eat or drink anything.  So about 2 miles in, I was seeing spots and wondered if I could finish.  I really wanted to run the whole thing though.  Somehow it worked out.  It was in the 20-40's most of the day for everyone and was snowing/raining most of the time.  We finished in Ketchum at about 2:30 pm on Saturday afternoon.

Right before start time.


 this is right before I started my second leg.


Proof we all made it to the end. 



We had another crazy wind storm the other day.  the kids had a good time but soon after this was shot, we thought it was actually turning dangerous so we made them come inside.


It made the big solid trees look like toothpicks bending.  It was wild.


I was asked to serve in the Young Women with the Mia Maids.  It will be a period of growth for me.  I am not prepared for the time commitment it demands.  Our first activity was archery.  The girls had a good time.



Unfortunately, Charlie's, sisters husband (my brother in law), BillKapalka passed away on June 7th.  The pancreatic cancer took him in 6 short months.  Charlie flew to Las Vegas this week to the funeral there and then drove back.  They had a second funeral here in Emmett where he was buried.  He was such a good man and I am afraid the road ahead for Cheryl (Charlie's sister) will be tough.   These are their boys (our nephews).  Cute kids.


CJ, Jaxon and Lexi all started swim lessons and sports class at BSU this week.  It takes about 4 hours of my day but the kids enjoy it and are learning valuable skills.  It is a 3 week long program.

Until next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's fun to SEE what you're doing! Love you. MOM