I have been trying to figure out how to get a Enrichment Group started that shares information on grocery/clothing sales in the valley. I was hoping to save $$ myself so really I just wanted to establish some sort of a network group. In the church handbook it says we can't because that would be supporting retailers and we are a non-profit organization.
So...I finally gave up on the idea and called about 20 people myslef. I invited them to my house today to discuss it as a community/neighborhood group. It is not exclusive and the more the merrier. I was thrilled that about 13 women showed up (most also had their kids...brave on my part, I think). We discussed ways to save, how to shop smarter, where to buy supplies and how we want this group to function.
One of the girls volunteered to keep track of all the e-mails and look at what she has already created (only 6 hours later): http://sistersavers.blogspot.com/
BTW...cool name, huh?
3 comments:
I found a website online yesterday, called theprudenthomemaker.com--She had a lot of interesting ideas and has been living off her food storage for two years. She had a link to a company in Idaho called Walton Feed. The url is waltonfeed.com. It was interesting, maybe something to help your website. (:
Oh I will be following that blog! I am all about saving $$. If you guys ever want to start a co-op cooking group I can help you. I have been doing it for almost 2 months and LOVE it. I have cut my grocery bill in half and other than the day I cook I have all night to spend enjoying my family and not worring about what is for dinner.
Love this idea... I am totally going to be checking in on that blog and if I hear of anything, i will let you all know!
Post a Comment