Sunday, April 22, 2012

This week in reiew

I have had lots of photography activity this week.  I took some images of someones tree (sentimental- they are moving), then I did two different kid sessions.  Next I had a 2 hour meeting with the bride I am shooting in a month.  Then I did a session for some friends whose kid is leaving on a mission tomorrow and finally I did a session for a little girl who is getting baptized.  More than I would like in one week for sure.  Of course on top of it I decided to do a session with the girls.

http://www.danapetersonphotography.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-girls-meridian-idaho-childrens.html 

We have been enjoying much warmerweather this week.  It has not only brought out the dandelions, but lots of gree grass and some california quail, pheasants, geese and some bird nests around the yard.  It is beautiful everywhere you look. 

Some of the trees we ordered didn't come. Turns out they were out of stock. But we still planted 300 and ordered 300 more. The kids were pretty good helpers and I have heard them praying that "the trees can stay alive and grow quickly so we can sell them." It should be an interesting experiment.  We planted Grand Fir, Noble Fir, Frasier Fir and Concolor Fir.  We really only have soil for Concolor.  In the next set of trees we have some spruce and pine.  They are coming from Michigan and won't be here for a few weeks.







Our fruit trees seem to still be alive and happy.  We discovered that we have a fruit tree of some kind in our yard.  I think it is a peach tree.  It has a million blossoms and has been gorgeous this last week.


We mowed the yard for the 2nd time and this time it took a little less time.  Maybe 3.5 hours.  Not bad really.  Charlie bought a covert that we can install by the garden so the 4-wheeler and/or tractor's don't have to jump the ditch.  We did a little more burning and have been trying to clean out the sand pile.  The garden needs to be planted but there are still so many rocks.  We hope to plant this coming week.

Last spring and fall, I tried over and over again to teach Lexi to ride a bike.  It was frustrating and exhausting for both of us. We decided to give up for a time.  We got the bike out on Friday and in one round she had figure it out.  Unbelieveable!


She is so tickled with herself.


here is a video link:


Lilli of course does her best to get in on the action.

 

We (mostly Charlie) installed our basketball hoop yesterday.  You saw the concrete hole in last weeks post.  Now the hoop is there.  The kids love it.  It seems to be a nice enough quality that it will last us for years!

The kids also got to play in the water yesterday.  They had a lot of fun.


Here is another video.   YES, that is charlie mowing the "pasture" in the background. 


This little girl was throwing up one day this week.  But she seemed to recover quickly.  she has figured out how to get in the bathtub on her own and consequently, I think she took 4-5 bathes this week.  She says she wants to "go fishing".  She means go act like a fish in the bathtub, I think.  :)


The girls are always dressing up in skirts and dresses and playing baby or puppy or kitty. 


Today we went to church.  I am moved by the number of times recently the discussion has been to have a testimony of the gospel and not the church.  The chatter in our ward (from our Stake President) is that too many of us are living the church and not the gospel and we are not teaching our children why we go to church and why we study the bookd of mormon.  He pretty much took over sunday school today.  He is very passionate about it and concerned about us, the parents of this stake.  For dinner we went to the Durrant's (their son Mark spoke in sacreament meeting today and will leave tomorrow on a mission).  It is nice to have good neighbors.










1 comment:

Sister Olson said...

Dana, it,s so fun to your family in action. Your yard has changed so much in the last few months. The kids are changing too. Love, Mom