I have been taking lots of photos (love it!!) you can find all of those happenings on my photo blog of course (www.pictureittoday.blogspot.com).

I joined facebook...how funny. What a bizarre world we live in. I am not sure electronic social networking is really my thing.
CJ played basketball. He mostly skippked up and down the court hoping he got to touch the ball. The very last game he actually did!!! TWICE!! :) I hope this isn't the best picture I have of him but it will have to do for now. We finished teh season with a celebration at our house with doughnuts and juice. We gave out awards; gold medals that I made and embroidered hats with their team name on it.

We spent Thanksgiving in Preston with my parents. Their gift to the kids was a ticket on the Polar Express. They loved it!! CJ was the first one to get to tell a joke so we could catch the special ingredients for Mrs. Claus cookies (giggles from the elves). Knock, knock...who's there...Justin...Justin who?...Just In time for dinner. :)


Before we left town, CJ had a school Thanksgiving program. He doesn't ever actually sing, but he is up there with the rest of the cute little 1st graders.

I made the most adorable little pettiskirt while there. I gave it to my niece Emma, but had to take a picture of Lilli in it before I wrapped it. Don't worry, I have enough fabric for about 5 of them (all different colors) if I ever make the time to sew them.

Love my girls. You may notice Lexi wearing hats a lot. She has figured out that she can get dressed and "comb her hair" by wearing a hat. She says she can do it all by herself and then reports, "I make you soooo happy." It is true!

We made Gingerbread houses for FHE one night. Love the falling snow, don't you. Since then the kids ask almost everyday if I am throwing their houses away today? I think they know it is inevitable but want to keep eating on them. This is the second or third year in a row we have done it. I suppose that officially makes it a tradition!



I am such a lucky lady...look at this beautiful little girl that I get to be the mother to. Love her!!

We got invited to a neighbor's Christmas Party where Santa made a surprise visit. He had a present for every child with their name on the package. He was incredible and spend time with each child. Before he started handing out gifts he told us that no one could open them until we were all done and everyone must be very quiet so Santa could hear and talk to each of them. I couldn't believe they actually listened!

We also attended our Ward Christmas party and the Primary children sang to the adults.

We spent Christmas Eve with friends and at home. We opened presents at home.
The kids got everything they wanted and more. We are truly blessed!
Lilli didn't ask for anything if you can imagine that. She got a zebra hand toy from Santa anyway...

Lexi asked for a horse but also got some other things....a doll house has been one of her favrite gifts from Santa. When she opened it (obviously she had help), Jaxon asked if boys could play with it too. ;)

Jaxon asked for a red train and a Star Wars ship that doesn't fall apart. Kind of funny these kids!

CJ asked for Pokemon cards (which he got from Santa much to my dismay) and a guitar (which he has been asking for for about 1 1/2 years). He got it too and also got a few Bakugan which has made him realy happy.

We then went to Emmett for a couple days and also spend Sunday in Emmett for Charlie's dad's birthday. His mom treated us all with some accordian music.

Today when we got up, it had snowed 4-5 inches. YAY!!! We spent the morning in the snow shoveling and building a snowman. (The kids wouldn't open their eyes and smile because the sun was in their eyes.)

Perhaps one of my happier mom moments occured this afternoon. You may not believe it but this shot was not posed. I made the three older kids scripture bags for Christmas and bought them a triple combination (hard back, no tabs) to go in it. I think Charlie thought I was nuts and wondered who would be taking it to church. On sunday the boys regretably reported that they forgot to take them to church. Then today CJ asked if he could read it and this is how I found him. :)

And just because she is so cute....
2 comments:
Thank you!!!! I love the pictures and the update. Don't they say a picture is worth a thousand words? What sweet little people! By the way, I love the pettiskirt. I just need to get the right leggings/tights to go with. :)
well hello there, friend :)
(p.s. i know this is totally off-topic, but i wanted to tell you about jack's tooth situation. as i'm sure is the case with cj's class, there are tons of kiddos who have lost teeth already (some of them in jack's class have lost at least eight!) when we went to the dentist for a checkup a couple months ago, jack expressed his dismay that he had not lost any teeth yet. the dentist told him that one of his teeth felt a little loose and it'd come out in about a month or so. we noticed it was really loose a couple of days before christmas, and it took a LONG time for it to finally come out (with some help from me). he was SO excited to have finally lost a tooth and can't wait to show his teacher when he goes to school tomorrow :)
can't wait for those first-tooth-loss photos from mr. cj!
Post a Comment